This is my version of granola, inspired by Alyce Alexandra's recipe from her cookbook - Quick Fix in the Thermomix.
1 T ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
1 whole nutmeg
100g activated nuts (e.g cashews, walnuts)
100g activated buckwheat
100g maple syrup
40g coconut oil
300g rolled oats
100g sunflower seeds
20g sesame seeds
100g pumpkin seeds
100g sour cherries (or cranberries)
60g shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Line tray(s) with baking paper.
2. Place cinnamon and nutmeg in TM bowl, mill for 10 seconds, speed 9
3. Add activated nuts, pulse once or twice on turbo speed.
4. Add buckwheat, honey and butter, heat 2 minutes, 50 degrees, reverse speed 2.
5. Add remaining ingredients, mix for 5 secs/reverse speed 5, then 2 minutes, 50 degrees, reverse speed 2
6. Spread mixture across the baking tray(s). I prefer to do one tray at a time.
7. Toast in oven for 11 minutes, then stir and continue to toast for 7 minutes or until golden. Be careful to watch as it could be quick to burn. Cool and store in airtight jar.
Serve granola anyway you like, I like mine with stewed apple and yoghurt.