29 july 2014, by Amanda Hansen
Inspired by a recipe I found on a great website; Comfy Belly
Makes / serves: 10 - 12
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon chia flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic salt
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil or butter (I prefer butter)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 generous teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, washed* and chopped into small pieces
- extra strawberries to decorate cupcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt + 1/2 cup coconut cream or 1 cup coconut cream (chilled)
- 1 T maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
Whip yoghurt and cream with maple syrup, when whipped fold through vanilla paste. Store in refrigerator until you are ready to use
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, mixing well. (I use a whisk)
- Add wet ingredients and blend into dry ingredients using a hand held mixer.
- Lastly fold through the strawberries. NB: The mixture will start to appear quite stiff as the coconut flour absorbs the moisture - don't worry!
- Spoon mixture into cupcake patty pans and place in the oven
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- When cool top with your pre-whipped coconut/ yogurt cream
- strawberries are one of the most sprayed of all fruits so if you can't get organic strawberries make sure you wash them well. A little apple cider vinegar in the water helps.